|The main objectives of this course are to help students:
- To use information systems effectively.
- To write a critical review of the relevant literature.
- To identify a research problem.
- To develop and write a research proposal for their discipline area.
- To propose and justify an appropriate research plan for the chosen
- To choose and apply an appropriate experimental design to a particular
research problem, if required.
- To understand and apply a range of standard techniques for
instrumentation and data acquisition.
- To prepare a well written and concise research thesis or report.
At the completion
of the subject, students should be able to:
- Conduct literature survey for a given research problem
- Devise strategic research
plan to solve a research problem
- Analyse and interpret data gathered from
field studies or experiments
- Write research report
- Write a good
the passion for acquiring knowledge in embedded system (20%)
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in lifelong
learning and development (80%)
- Ranjit Kumar.
"Research Methodology" Longman, 1996.